Confetti Ice Cream Pops
- 8 piece(s) (1 1/2-inch) soft-centered candy bars, (like Milky Way or Snickers) I used mini 3Musketeers.
- 1 pint(s) vanilla custard-style ice cream, slightly softened
- 3/4 cup(s) assorted-color candy confetti or sprinkles
- Insert a wooden Popsicle stick into one end of each candy bar and set aside. Place 1 tablespoon of ice cream in the bottom of a 3-ounce paper cup. Place candy in center of the cup, surround with 3 tablespoons ice cream, and smooth over the top.
- Transfer cup to a baking sheet, repeat with remaining cups, and freeze until solid. Pour confetti or sprinkles into a shallow bowl and set aside. Peel the cup from each ice cream pop and roll in the decorations to cover completely. Store in freezer for up to 3 days.
In order to reduce the fat and sugar content, substitute the ice cream for frozen low-fat yogurt.
My kids loved making this fun recipe. It was the perfect hot afternoon activity.